“Uncovering the Truth: Can You Rely on USDT’s Security?”

A lack of transparency on the reserves for the stablecoin USDT is causing concern for those investing in it. Binance and USDC are attempting to be more transparent to avoid similar concerns. The lack of clarity is leading some to remove liquidity from USDT, to avoid the risk of loss.

Is USDT Safe to Use?

The world of cryptocurrency continues to evolve at an unprecedented rate, with the introduction of new technologies and digital assets. Stablecoins, in particular, have taken the market by storm, serving as a stable hedge against the volatility associated with other cryptocurrencies.

USDT, or Tether, is one of the most popular stablecoins in circulation. It is widely used by traders to exchange other cryptocurrencies for fiat currencies, such as the US Dollar or Euro. However, some investors and traders are skeptical about the safety of USDT.

The Reserves Issue

One of the main concerns about USDT is the lack of clarity regarding its reserves. Unlike other stablecoins, such as USDC, which is backed by regulated US dollars held in reserve accounts, USDT’s reserves are not as transparent.

This lack of transparency has raised suspicions among investors who fear that USDT’s reserves may not be sufficient to cover its market capitalization. As a result, investors may be at risk of losing their investments should USDT fail to maintain its peg to the US Dollar.

Binance’s Transparency Efforts

Binance, one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges in the world, has made efforts to ensure transparency around USDT. The exchange publishes regular reports on its USDT reserves, with the latest one revealing that USDT is backed by 74% in cash and cash equivalents, with the remaining 26% in other investments.

However, some investors remain unconvinced, arguing that Binance’s efforts may not be enough to provide full transparency on USDT reserves.

Investor Concerns

Given the uncertainties surrounding USDT, some traders and investors are hesitant about using the stablecoin. The fear of another stablecoin failure, like the one experienced by investors in the defunct Bitfinex exchange, has led investors to demand more transparency and accountability from USDT.

Investors are also concerned about the potential impact of any negative news on USDT’s reserves. Any news that casts doubt on the amount of reserves backing USDT could lead to a sharp drop in price, causing investors to lose money.


While USDT remains one of the most popular stablecoins, its lack of transparency around reserves continues to raise concerns among investors. While cryptocurrency exchanges like Binance are making efforts to address these concerns, it is up to investors to determine whether or not USDT is a safe investment.

For those who are unsure about using USDT, it is advisable to consider alternative stablecoins that offer greater transparency around their reserves. Ultimately, the decision to use USDT or not should be based on careful consideration of its risks and potential benefits.


Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Coming Soon

Subscribe and be the first to know about the launch

Look at our roadmap


Log In


Thanks for subscribing

You will only receive important notifications
For now, follow to our social networks